Fall 2018 Competition
October 24th to November 13th
Fall 2018 Competition Leaderboard
Note: Registration for the Fall 2018 competition is open to K-12 schools in Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) service territory with access to electricity interval data and 9-12 schools in Southern California Edison (SCE) service territory with access to electricity interval data. Email Energize Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure if your school qualifies.
Each prize will be awarded in two categories, K-8 and 9-12
Energy Savings Achieved
1st Place = $900
2nd Place = $700
3rd Place = $500
Student Action Plans & Campaigns
Three winners - $300 each
How do I participate?
How can Energize Schools help?
- Guidance on identifying, planning, and implementing conservation strategies from an Energy Advisor assigned to your school
- Lesson planning or in-class instruction support
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three schools that achieve the highest percentage reduction in their electricity use:
- First Place $900
- Second Place $700
- Third Place $500
- Three additional prizes of $300 will be awarded to the school with the best conservation campaign materials. Teams who submit their conservation materials by the end of the competition on November 13 will be eligible.
What utility data information do I need to provide?
Energize Schools needs access to your utility data in order to determine the savings you and your school achieve. We want to make participating in the competition as easy as possible for schools and districts. We request the following from facilities managers so that we can fully access electricity data:
- Access to PG&E or SCE My Energy account
- Access to solar monitoring site (if applicable)
- Signed TPA between SEI and the district
- List of electrical meters at each participating site
Energy Conservation Competition Results
Since 2014, Energize Schools has hosted nine Energy Conservation Competitions with California schools
saving a total of:
saving a total of: