Green Transportation Certificate (Grades 9-12)
The Green Transportation Certificate explores the general concepts behind green transportation systems and the implementation of green transportation measures and behaviors to reduce social, environmental, and economic impacts. Through this course, students learn to identify and evaluate green transportation vehicles, programs and behaviors, and gain skills directly applicable to the expanding green trades.
This interdisciplinary course uses hands-on demonstrations, interactive activities, discussions and take-home assignments to engage students in understanding and applying important sustainable transportation concepts. It is designed with adaptability in mind to allow the curriculum to span multiple objectives, class schedules, student skill levels and background knowledge. Upon completion of the course, students are awarded a certificate confirming their knowledge and skills in green transportation.
This curriculum package includes:
- Comprehensive lessons change, transportation fuels, electric vehicles, public transportation technology, transportation policy, and green transportation careers
- Hands-on activities allowing students to explore the carbon cycle, the greenhouse effect, solar car design, and sustainable transportation options
- Practical applications in sustainable transportation assessments, conservation campaigns, renewable energy cost/benefit analysis, action planning, reporting, and project implementation
- A unit pre and post-test to assess comprehension and retention of material presented. Administer the test before beginning the unit and upon completion to assess student learning outcomes
- Coverage of Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core ELA Standards, and Career Technical Education Standards
See a preview.
This curriculum is free to California high school teachers. Click here to request.