Solar Certificate (Grades 9-12)
This Certificate is an introductory course covering energy fundamentals, energy auditing, and solar design and installation. This curriculum contains content for five interactive modules, designed to take a minimum 16 hours of instruction, plus at least one solar installation in the field, with the option for extension through many optional activities and assignments. The course culminates with an actual solar installation project.
This curriculum package includes:
- Comprehensive lessons covering the fundamentals of sustainability, climate change, energy, electricity, power, and solar; energy auditing; energy efficiency and conservation; solar design and installation; and clean energy careers
- A supplemental PowerPoint presentation for lessons, the SEI Financial Analysis Calculator, the SEI Energy Career Matrix, and the SEI Resume Builder
- Hands-on activities allowing students to explore the causes and consequences of climate change, electricity generation, energy auditing skills and tools, solar system components, optimal solar design, and solar installation
- Practical applications in engineering, physics, mathematics, construction and climate science
- A unit pre and post-test to assess comprehension and retention of material presented. Administer the test before beginning the unit and upon completion to assess student learning outcomes
- Coverage of Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core English & Language Art and Math Standards, and Career Technical Education Standards
See a preview.
This curriculum is free to California high school teachers. Click here to request.